Our mission is to offer students a thorough education in leadership roles within the world-wide Christian community by committing to serving God in a multi-cultural world, and providing fundamental and innovative training in the fields of Divinity and Christian Ministry.
RU will achieve this mission by offering curriculum based on the scripture of the Holy Bible being at the core of our teaching, and by encouraging our students and alumni to serve the needs of all people. Additionally emphasis is placed on both leadership roles within the Christian community, and the personal responsibility of individuals to become stewards of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
We believe …
Statement of Christian Education
Our objective is to develop intellectual skills, spiritual leadership, and professional strength. As our school motto is taken out from the Bible verse “Who know but that you have come to royal position for such a time at this? (Esther 4:14),” our school’s purpose is to prepare the students to become proactive transformers of the ministry and the society.
We seek to educate men and women in undergraduate and graduate programs to produce professionals who:
* Are broadly educated with strong biblical foundation and sharp worldview.
• Appreciate the breadth of ideas and creative expressions with discernment.
• Can evaluate knowledge from a Biblical perspective.
• Apply critical thinking in order to reason logically, use a broad range of investigative approaches, and exercise faith appropriately in the process of critical thinking.
• Hold and apply a biblically based system of values and beliefs.
• Develop a commitment to cross-cultural understanding in order to function and serve in a diverse world.
• Develop skills for independent thinking and analytical reasoning.
• Are prepared for graduate school or for a vocation in his/her chosen field of study.
• Participate in service and experiential learning opportunities.
• Demonstrate competence in the knowledge, skills and attitudes appropriate to their fields and levels of study.
• Demonstrate competence in written and oral expression, as well as, observing the conventions of their discipline.
• Integrate major fields of study with a biblical worldview.
• Articulate and live out a biblical worldview.
Views of Core Values
The Bible is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction with God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without errors for its matter. It reveals the principles by which God judges us; and therefore, is and will remain, The center of Christian union, and the standard which all conduct, creeds and religious opinion should be tried.
There is only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in all perfections. To Him, we owe love, reverence and obedience. God is infinite in all perfections. God exists as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, without division of nature, essence or being.
Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior. Salvation includes regeneration, sanctification and glorification.
It is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and of every church of Christ to endeavor to make disciple of all nations. The new birth of man’s spirit by God’s Holy Spirit means the birth of love for others. Missionary effort rests thus upon a spiritual necessity of the regenerated life, and is repeatedly commanded in the teachings of Christ. It is duty of every child of God to seek to win the lost to Christ by personal effort and by all other methods in harmony with the gospel of Christ.
It is the duty of Christians to seek peace with all men on principles of righteousness. In accordance with the spirit and teachings of Christ they should do all in their power to put an end to war. The remedy for the war spirit is the gospel of our Lord. The supreme need of the world is the acceptance of his teachings in all the affairs of men and nations and the application of His Law of love.